Friday, March 25, 2011

Lloyd the Driver

This morning was funny. I actually got to the slug lot around 7:25. So not much earlier than the 7:30 cut-off from my theory*, but a good time to see if the 7:30 theory was accurate, anyways. And it is. There were two cars almost right away heading to my destination.

I got into the first car, although the second car was actually going a block closer to my office, because I felt like that's just lazy and unfair to the first car. I kind of laughed at myself for wanting to go to the second car instead. Such a bum I am. The lady must have been having a bad morning or something though. She couldn't settle on one destination and she was clearly frustrated. She gave two possible streets she would go to, and one of them was mine so I got in. But once I got into her car, she saw that there were more people going to L'enfant. So she goes, "Ohh....if I had known. I'd go to L'enfant..." It was just the two of us, so we were still waiting for a third so we could leave. I decided to make it easy on her since I knew there was a car behind her I could also get into, conveniently dropping me off a block closer. I smiled because once again, I should have gone with my gut. (An example of why I say, 'once again,' is the number of times I changed my picks for my March Madness bracket. Just one example.)

Things just kept picking up, because as I looked into the window of the next car just to double check that he was going where I was going, I recognized him as someone I used to ride with pretty frequently. I guess I inadvertently pushed my morning schedule back ten or fifteen minutes over the past few months, so I haven't caught him in a while. But he reminds me distinctly of Lloyd from Entourage. And it makes me smile every time. Another bonus is that he plays pop music in the morning instead of the overplayed-by-sluggers WTOP station.

The commute was shorter since I was in a car earlier when the traffic was a bit lighter, and I had time to pick up breakfast and still get into the office early. And now I'm just happy it's Friday.





*Slugging Theories post

No comments:

Post a Comment