Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Coincidental Situation

Funny enough, yesterday at the afternoon slug line I had two prime examples of extreme driver types from the post yesterday. The line was longer than usual (I think due to this week being Spring Break for schools). There's two separate lines in the afternoon where I go, one for each destination which that line caters to. The line I stand in always takes longer because the other line's destination is more convenient for driver's since it's right near the HOV exit. So when a car finally pulled up that was going to our line's destination, the woman driver said, "two." She had plenty of room in the back of her car, and seeing this a man a few places ahead of me in line yelled out, "take THREE!" I had to laugh, even though I really wanted her to take three, also, so that I could be closer to getting a ride. Mildly frustrating. It's not as if it was going to put her out, and our line was so long.

The next car that came that was going to our slug lot was the complete opposite. She had a big SUV and the caller yelled that she could take five riders. Five. I felt like I was in a carpool going to practice or something. Bunch of adults climbing into her car, a couple of us in the backseat. All of us expressing our gratitude as we got in, because really--she didn't have to take that many people. Three would have been nice, even.

I thought it was ironic that I saw both of these extremes on the day I'd posted about different driver's personalities, so I thought I'd share some specific examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment