Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Potpourri

Sometimes I'm just not in the mood to have strangers in my car. Maybe I want to blast my music or sing along. Yeah, you're not the only one who does that. Maybe I'm in a bad mood and don't want to be friendly to strangers. So occasionally I'll skip out on slugging and try the normal lanes. But I almost immediately regret it when I get far enough on the ramp to 395 that I can see the traffic. Damn it, Anna. Couldn't just do your normal routine, had to risk it.

I don't think I have the patience to work anywhere in northern Virginia where slugging isn't an option and the only choice is to crawl to work. Music couldn't even save my sanity if that were the case.

Also--the man who rode in my car this morning smelled like potpourri. I wanted to ask how he managed to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment